Monday, August 20, 2007

All in the family

A few months ago I took a weekend off of work and went to relax at my grandparents house. They live in a quiet house on a lake with a beautifully landscaped backyard in the middle of (farmtown) southern Jersey. It was a much needed distraction from the "big" city. During my trip I realized that it's nice coming from a creative family. Almost everyone in my family is blessed with some sort of artistic talent. My dad's a photographer, my mom's a writer, my sister's a designer, but the one person who has had the most impact on my creative gene is my grandfather. Pop-Pop as I call him is an extremely talented watercolorist. He spent his life in advertising, but he spent he free time at the easel. In my visit to Jersey I found a few images of some of my favorites.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I had no idea..
The painting of the boat is AMAZING!