Tuesday, October 27, 2009

one step forward or two steps back?

As a kid people always ask you, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Some kids know the answer at an early age; "I want to be a doctor or a fireman."

Well, for me it's been a little different. I've wanted to be a lab scientist, an optometrist, a pharmacist, a sign language interpreter, a painter, a jeweler, a vegan baker, a traveler of the world... etc. The problem (or maybe not) is that I have so many interests/loves that are completely different from each other.

Is there a perfect job for me? Who knows? In most instances I can't imagine doing the same thing for my entire life. However I still get anxious that I'm 28 and still can't answer the question, "What do you want to do with your life".

I've been told over and over, "life is a journey not a destination". It has taken me a while to understand the truth in this statement. Every step I take helps me realize what I want to include in my life and what is really not that important to me.

Well, I've been feeling like things in my life have been a little stale lately. So, I'm starting to make some changes. The first change seems like I'm taking 2 steps back, however I choose to look at it as 1 step forward.
Change #1... I've moved back to my hometown to save some money for a few months. Although it's only about 40 minutes from the city, I'm a little sad I can no longer walk down the street to visit my friends. :( But, I'm hoping the money I am saving in rent will help me move on to Life Change #2. :)
(image from Keri Smith)

No comments: