Sunday, July 20, 2008

Artscape recap

I haven't visited Artscape in a few years, so when I was accepted as a vendor I wasn't quite sure what I should expect. 

 I was pleasantly surprised.  

Although sales were less than ideal, I had a pretty fun time just people watching.  Baltimore (like many cities) has an eclectic mix of people, to say the least.  I wish I had more pictures to share, but it seemed that my camera was always lost in the bottom of my bag when I needed it the most.

This man was promoting the "Body Works" exhibit at the Science Center.  The funny part (which I missed in the pic) was that he had a woman following him with a fan so he didn't melt.  And also a blotter, wiping off his sweat. 

Not sure about this one... three girls on stilts wearing bonnets and riding ostrichs.  Your guess is as good as mine.   ???????



For some reason, every year Artscape lands on the hottest weekend in Maryland.  This weekend was no exception.  Temperatures hung around 95 degrees each day.  But, with a couple of fans and tons of H2O it was bearable.

All in all, I enjoyed myself... although next year I may just apply for one day not the entire weekend.

Oh yeah... it was also the first show this year without rain.  YEAH!!!

No comments: