Sunday, September 27, 2009

sweet LA


I took a quick trip out to Cali last weekend to visit my bro (and my kidney).  My sister flew in from Denver and we had a little family time in sweet LA.

We couldn't have asked for better weather.  I'm not sure why everyone in the world does not live in LA, because I don't remember seeing a cloud in the sky the entire time we were there.
Mmm... Sprinkles cupcakes were DELICIOUS.  I may or may not have splurged and eaten one, even though they are far from vegan.  :)
Also, the first time my feet touched the Pacific Ocean.  I know.  What can I say, I'm an East Coast gal.  I LOVED Venice Beach.
I'm not going to lie.  I'm a little disappointed to be back in the humid haze of Baltimore.  But I'm already planning my next trip to the west coast.

2 comments:

pamela said...

ooh, ooh, can i come!! i haven't been to LA since i was 11 and i would LLLLOOOOOOOOVEE to go back.

eliza kate said...

Pam- you can come with me whenever you want. My bro just started UCLA law school and now I have an excuse to go out there all the time. Hopefully I can save my pennies so I can go out every few months. I'll keep you posted. (but, we could always start by getting together here in MD. It has been about 10 years) :)